ADSM-L

[no subject]

1998-11-07 21:00:26
From: "Richard R. Spurlock" <rrspurlock AT STARFIRE DOT NET>
Date: Sat, 7 Nov 1998 21:00:26 -0500
To: "ADSM: Dist Stor Manager" <ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU>
Cc: brian.self AT coors DOT com

Date: Sat, 7 Nov 1998 19:58:41 -0600
Subject: Re: ADSM and OS/2

Brian:

For IBM's ADSM support, the DRM features are what you need to use.  For a
little more practical approach to daily backup/restore and disaster
recovery, check out IBM's redbook SG244880.  We don't quit follow the
process in this book, but it is an excellent approach.  Note - the redbook
addresses V2 clients - the V3 clients have some additional OS support
required for the IP layers.  We rely on this for our internal use and all
of our clients - it simply works.  eMail me if I can help...

Richard R. Spurlock,  Vice President
Starfire Engineering & Technologies, Inc.
2429 Iowa Street, Suite K
Lawrence, KS  66046-4075
785-842-1111  Phone
785-842-8811  Facsimile
rrspurlock AT starfire DOT net

"Self, Brian" <Brian.Self AT COORS DOT COM> on 11-06-98 12:16:22 PM