ADSM-L

Re: Long file names in Netware client (how does it end IBM?)

1998-11-05 19:59:45
Subject: Re: Long file names in Netware client (how does it end IBM?)
From: Frank Ramke <ramke AT US.IBM DOT COM>
Date: Thu, 5 Nov 1998 19:59:45 -0500
I am currently working on the client side of this.

I don't have a firm date for it's GA, but it will be 1st half
1999. We want to be very careful that we don't rush
this out and provide you with a well tested bug free migration.
We will be changing the old DOS short name into the long
name of your existing data without forcing a rebackup of the data.

Both server and client development groups have been
involved in this enhancement. We have heard your
requirement, and are responding.

Regards,
Frank Ramke
ADSM Development

ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU on 11/05/98 03:11:16 PM