ADSM-L

Re: Multiple Tape Libraries

1998-11-05 15:48:16
Subject: Re: Multiple Tape Libraries
From: Ben Kokenge <ben AT EDMS DOT NET>
Date: Thu, 5 Nov 1998 14:48:16 -0600
Yes it can.  In fact you could set it up as your COPYTAPEPOOL or even
your ARCHIVETAPEPOOL, then use your DTL library as your primary
tape pool.

However, I recommend against DLT tapes.  They look attractive b/c they hold
so much data, but they are slow and clunky.  You should look into 3570 drives;
the are slick and more reliable for primary storage pools.  DLT's make fine long
term large storage though.