ADSM-L

Re: newsgroup on the net

1998-11-05 15:36:59
Subject: Re: newsgroup on the net
From: "Wayne T. Smith" <ADSM AT MAINE DOT EDU>
Date: Thu, 5 Nov 1998 15:36:59 -0500
Filtering ADSM-L messages to a separate folder is a *wonderful* idea
and works for all of the major PC mail clients.  My favorite, Pegasus
Mail for Windows (aka WinPMail), does this very nicely, as do other
mail user agents.  I don't know how anyone could read ADSM-L
without filtering or using the daily digest (or both!).

> > You could change to digest mode (1 big email per day) by sending mail to the
> > listserver (NOT to the normal list address).  The listserver address is:
> >    LISTSERV AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
> > In the body (not the subject; the subject doesn't matter) put the line:
> >    DIG

Not quite.  You send e-mail to LISTSERV AT VM.Marist DOT edu and in the
body of the e-mail you enter

      set adsm-l digests

The LISTSERV software gets your address from the mail header, but
needs to know the listname (ADSM-L) for which you wish to alter your
subscription.

cheers,

Wayne T. Smith                            adsm AT ADSM.caps.Maine DOT edu
ADSM Technical Coordinator - UNET       University of Maine System