ADSM-L

Multiple Tape Libraries

1998-11-05 15:12:56
Subject: Multiple Tape Libraries
From: "Berning, Tom" <TBerning AT SENCO DOT COM>
Date: Thu, 5 Nov 1998 15:12:56 -0500
We currently use and IBM 3466 to backup our enterprise, Novell, NT, and
Unix.
The tape library we use is and Exabyte 480 with 4 tape drives. Each tape
drive
has its own SCSI cable attached to a different SCSI adapter.  We would like
replace the 480 with the new Exabyte 690D DLT tape library with two tape
drives.
Can we utilize both libraries to migrate data to or would we have to set up
multiple
servers?  Could the 480 be used as a second tapepool to migrate data from
the 690
or would that not be feasible?

Thanks

Thomas R. Berning