ADSM-L

ODBC: Archive files size

1998-11-05 04:55:56
Subject: ODBC: Archive files size
From: "Schoof, Arno [JanBe Extern]" <ASCHOOF AT JANBE.JNJ DOT COM>
Date: Thu, 5 Nov 1998 10:55:56 +0100
Hello,

In trying to build a GUI for ADSM restore requests, I am currently using
ODBC to retrieve information from the ADSM server.
In ARCHIVES I can find all archived nodes, filespaces, hl_names, ll_names
and an object_id.  But I need to show the size of each file as well.
In CONTENTS I can rebuild the filespec and find the filesize, but I see no
distinct key to join this information to the ARCHIVES (virtual) table.
In fact, I find no primary key at all and when I scan the other tables in
the database, I see no other references to the object_id (apart from the
similar BACKUPS table), which would seem to be a nice column to join the
tables.

Can anyone show me the way from ARCHIVES to CONTENTS???

Thanks a lot and best regards,

Arno Schoof
INSIGHT Computer Services bvba
c/o Johnson & Johnson Networking & Computing Services, Europe, Middle East
and Africa,
Beerse, Belgium.
Phone 32-14-605194.