ADSM-L

Can't add adsm tape drive

1998-11-04 12:40:26
Subject: Can't add adsm tape drive
From: Robert Jarry <jarry AT UTS.CC.UTEXAS DOT EDU>
Date: Wed, 4 Nov 1998 11:40:26 -0600
I am having problems adding an ADSM tape drive on an AIX 3.1.1.5 ADSM
server running under AIX 4.2.

I have installed the ADSM Device Support runtime 3.1.0.0 and configured
the device to the OS. When I try to add a  ADSM-SCSI-MT scsi device I get
the error:

0514-518 Cannot access PdDv object class in the device configuration data
base.

I don't understand why the predefined device object class is missing since
the  ADSM Device Support runtime was successfully installed.

The device is a DLT4700. Does anyone know how to get around this error?

Thanks,
Robert Jarry

Robert Jarry                             email:  r.jarry AT cc.utexas DOT edu
Robert Jarry                             email:  r.jarry AT cc.utexas DOT edu
Unix Services                            phone:  (512) 475-9330
Academic Computing & IT Services
The University of Texas at Austin