ADSM-L

Re: exchange agent configuration

1998-11-04 08:30:20
Subject: Re: exchange agent configuration
From: Del Hoobler <hoobler AT US.IBM DOT COM>
Date: Wed, 4 Nov 1998 08:30:20 -0500
Sri,

You are correct in that the Exchange Agent will send up the
Information Store database in more than one object.
However, these object are NOT the same size.
The objects it sends up for the Information Store are:
1.) PUB.EDB, 2.) PRIV.EDB 3.) All log + patch files
and 4.) A "Header" Object. These are sent up as
individual objects within the same ADSM transaction.
So, most likely, either the PUB.EDB or the PRIV.EDB is
going to be the large object...even bigger than your 8G.

If there is less than 17G in your disk storage pool then
it will only send the individual objects that will fit into that
disk storage pool.  Any individual object that will not fit
will be sent to the next storage pool.  This is normal
ADSM stuff.  If you want to stage all of it to disk,
you will have to add space to your disk storage pool.

From what I understand, going to tape doesn't have
to be "degraded" performance. But, this is out of my area
of expertise, so I cannot expand on this.
(I have heard some tape (3590?) can be faster than disk...)

Del Hoobler
Del Hoobler
IBM ADSM Agent Development
hoobler AT us.ibm DOT com