ADSM-L

[no subject]

2015-10-04 17:51:03
Message authorized by:
    : [email protected]_at_internet at X400POST

------ =_WT25080.363f9d55.0a0/mta.mcdermott.com
     Inside Backtrack, you tell the software how many versions to keep.
     Inside Backtrack, you tell the software how many versions to keep.
     This info is stored in either *.physical or *.logical, depending on
     the backup type you are using.  There is a directory for each Oracle
     server in that top directory and a file with each database name in the
     server directory.  You can browse the file and notice what you have
     set for the number of versions.  If this is large, you probably set
     unlimited and you all the backups you ever did listed in these files.
     You should be able to edit the file, and the next time you run your
     backups, it will send the appropriate delete file command to ADSM
     which will remove the entry from you database the next time you expire
     inventory.

     My problem is that if a database is large, Backtrack creates a
     .0,.1,.2, and so on.  The delete command only takes care of the .0 and
     the others are left out there with Backtrack not knowing about them,
     ADSM not showing them in the filespace, and no way to remove them
     except to delete filespace and remove all entries for Backtrack (at
     least that is what I have done so far).  I hope this is helpful.  I
     will be opening a ticket tomorrow with Backtrack support to resolve
     this issue and suggestions on how to Archive into ADSM instead of just
     hitting the backuppool.