ADSM-L

Re: Problem backing up E drive in Schedule

1998-11-03 13:36:36
Subject: Re: Problem backing up E drive in Schedule
From: Paul Zarnowski <vkm AT CORNELLC.CIT.CORNELL DOT EDU>
Date: Tue, 3 Nov 1998 13:36:36 -0500
At 02:32 PM 11/2/98 -0700, Kelly J. Lipp wrote:
>Hey gang,
>
>Weird one.  We've got three drives in this NT 4.0 system, c, d and e.  With a
> domain statement
>
>domain c: d: e:
>
>or
>
>domain all-local
>
>The scheduled job backs up C and D without problem, but then fails on E.

We have seen something close to this.  We have a Windows NT Workstation
client who has a C: and D: drive.  They can back up both drives manually
just fine.  However, the ADSM Scheduler completely ignores the D: drive.
No error messages, it just won't touch it.  The DOMAIN statement is set to
ALL-LOCAL.  C: and D: are both partitions on the same physical hard disk.
The C: drive is a FAT filesystem and the D: drive is an NTFS filesystem.
If anyone has seen this or has ideas, I'd love to hear about them.  We
haven't had a chance to call this one in yet.

..Paul