ADSM-L

Re: number of HSM recall daemons

1998-11-02 11:07:48
Subject: Re: number of HSM recall daemons
From: Ruth Mitchell <mitchell AT TC.CORNELL DOT EDU>
Date: Mon, 2 Nov 1998 11:07:48 -0500
Frank,

I think it would depend upon how your data is distributed on tape.
We use the default setting of 20 MAXRECALLDAEMONS, but do not
have 20 tape devices. We often find that when a user is recalling
a series of files, these tend to reside on the same physical tape volume,
or on at least a small set of tapes. It's something you will likely
have to experiment with to fit the needs of your site.

--Ruth