ADSM-L

Re: Network Utilization

1998-10-29 11:19:57
Subject: Re: Network Utilization
From: Cindy Cannam <CCannam AT GENAM DOT COM>
Date: Thu, 29 Oct 1998 10:19:57 -0600
The ADSM Performance Tuning Guide V3R1, at the end of Chapter 5 under
"Estimating Throughput for Other Environments", does have a small (and I do
mean small) chart of the expected throughput rates for the various
topologies. Bear in mind that there rates are maximums, and your
environment's individual tuning, the types of NICs you use, and other
factors weigh heavily on how much data ADSM will be able to push/pull
through the network to its server. Use the previous section called
"Estimating Throughput" to determine where your environment will fall into
the chart's expected rates.

Hope this helps.

C.L.Cannam
Storage Management/ADSM
GENAM/St. Louis, MO/USA
ccannam AT genam DOT com

Mike Garcia <mike.garcia AT CONPAPERS DOT COM> on 10/29/98 08:33:41 AM