ADSM-L

V2-Clients vs V3-Clients

1998-10-29 03:20:46
Subject: V2-Clients vs V3-Clients
From: "Mauro M. TINELLI" <Mauro.TINELLI AT ST DOT COM>
Date: Thu, 29 Oct 1998 09:20:46 +0100
Hi all,

unfortunately I cannot have all V3 clients on SunOS, hp-ux 10.01, hp-ux
9.04, Linux, etc., and V2 clients, although working very well when
backing-up, give me headaches when it come to restore.
Can anybody tell me if it is possible to find the equivalent command (or
command-sequence) of a "point-in-time" restore of a V3 client on a V2
client.

I tried with the option -todate leaving an undefined -fromdate, with all
the possible combination of -latest/-inactive but I only restored a
partial amount of the original files.

I had some success when I restored with -latest and no time reference,
followed by a second restore with "-todate -replace=yes" ... but I
presume I restored also file that were not present at the reference
"date" ...

Any help will be greately appreciated

Thank you

Mauro TINELLI - STMicroelectronics