ADSM-L

VM/ESA 3590 ANR5374I

1998-10-28 19:07:02
Subject: VM/ESA 3590 ANR5374I
From: Carol Trible <trible AT VNET.IBM DOT COM>
Date: Wed, 28 Oct 1998 16:07:02 PST
>Date:    Fri, 23 Oct 1998 18:41:28 +0200
>From:    Gerhard Ginzler <gerhard.ginzler AT AKH-WIEN.AC DOT AT>
>Subject: VM/ESA 3590 ANR5374I

>Hello,
>1.Does anyone know where this message is documented:
>"ANR5374I Tape volume B00169 on real address 0520 has had an unsolicited
>interrupt, and may have been dismounted."

This message was new with the 3590 support on VM, and you can get the
documentation by issuing HELP ANR5374. If you are having problems with this,
you might want to look at APAR PQ19184.

>2.Is there a volume status "full" when using 3590 volumes? Is the eov
>processing different from 3490E?

There is a volume status full for 3590 volumes, and there is a slight
difference in the determination of eov from 3490E.  3590 volumes will
do eov processing when the drive signals end of tape, or when the
maxcapacity is reached, if maxcapacity has been set. 3490E volumes will
do eov processing just before the drive signals end of tape (base on a
calculation from IBM drives), when the drive signals end of tape, or
when maxcapacity is reached, if maxcapacity has been set.  For either
drive, when the drive signals end of tape, eov processing will
occur even if maxcapacity has not been reached.

Carol Trible
ADSM development