ADSM-L

Re: How to report archivers?

1998-10-28 15:57:53
Subject: Re: How to report archivers?
From: Bill Colwell <bcolwell AT DRAPER DOT COM>
Date: Wed, 28 Oct 1998 15:57:53 -0500
In <199810281956.OAA51052 AT acstmp.bu DOT edu>, on 10/28/98
   at 02:56 PM, Richard Sims <rbs AT BU DOT EDU> said:

>Has anyone found a way, perhaps in ADSMv3, to get a report of a filespace's
>Archive files and the associated name of the person who archived them?  The
>Query Archive client command historically does not report this information,
>which is important for
>administrators in controlling or at least seeing who's doing what in an
>ADSM system.  And there's no way that I know of within the server to get
>this info (not eve Query CONtent reveals it). Maybe ADSMv3 presents an SQL
>opportunity to get such info?
>    thanks, Richard Sims

I have not tried to get this data, but it might be available thru sql in v3.
The columns defined for the archive table are:  (adjust your linelength and
use a fixed font to view)

ADSM         ARCHIVES               NODE_NAME                   1
VARCHAR                       64     Node Name
 ADSM         ARCHIVES               FILESPACE_NAME              2
VARCHAR                     1024     Filespace Name
 ADSM         ARCHIVES               TYPE                        3
ENUMERATED(OBJEC               3     Object type
 ADSM         ARCHIVES               HL_NAME                     4
VARCHAR                     1024     Client high-level name
 ADSM         ARCHIVES               LL_NAME                     5
VARCHAR                      256     Client low-level name
 ADSM         ARCHIVES               OBJECT_ID                   6
DECIMAL                       18     Server object ID for the client object
 ADSM         ARCHIVES               ARCHIVE_DATE                7
TIMESTAMP                      0     Date/time that the object was archived
 ADSM         ARCHIVES               OWNER                       8
VARCHAR                       64     Client object owner
 ADSM         ARCHIVES               DESCRIPTION                 9
VARCHAR                      255     Description
 ADSM         ARCHIVES               CLASS_NAME                 10
VARCHAR                       30     Mgmt Class Name

Bill Colwell
Bill Colwell
C. S. Draper Lab
Cambridge, Ma.