ADSM-L

Re: backup taking too long

1998-10-28 12:15:54
Subject: Re: backup taking too long
From: Brandon Moore <brandon.moore.hoq0 AT STATEFARM DOT COM>
Date: Wed, 28 Oct 1998 11:15:54 -0600
Charles:

It sounds as though you may have some parts of your "private" network not
running 100 Meg Full Duplex or some combination thereof.  I have
experienced these same problems and I have found on many occasions a
Network Interface Card on a client was not set 100 Meg Full Duplex
operation.  Every piece of Network hardware in the connetion must be
running 100 Meg/FullDuplex.  Auto-Sense or Auto Configuration for NIC Card
is not acceptable(especially if you have Cisco networking hardware!!!!).
Then verify that ADSM Server NIC is set to 100 Meg Full Duplex,
Hub/Switch/Router Ports are all set to 100 Meg Full Duplex, as well.  I am
making an assumption that sense this is a "private" network that doing this
will not cause a great deal of agony...Otherwise, performance just
stinks...

brandon...