ADSM-L

Re: Re[2]: ADSM/MVS Server Recovery

1998-10-28 00:41:04
Subject: Re: Re[2]: ADSM/MVS Server Recovery
From: Dwight Cook <decook AT AMOCO DOT COM>
Date: Tue, 27 Oct 1998 23:41:04 -0600
     IMPORTANT ! ! !

     Now I got to where I extended the DB & LOG to exactly what they were
     when my data base backup was taken.  If I didn't extend them, that is
     just do the define dbvol blah... then the dsmserv parm='/restore db
     devclass=blah vol=vol1,vol2,... commit=yes' would blow up.
     You might be able to just extend them all the way if you don't have
     info on where they were at the time of the db backup but I have auto
     jobs that run about every 4 hours on each of my adsm servers and
     gather all information necessary for a potential adsm db recovery.

     Oh,  that is one of those make copies of all the files you still have
     that might get blown away so you can ensure they exist when you run
     the dsmserv restore db job ;-)

     And if you don't have the diskpool volumes available it will whine and
     not start either... that is one of those "I tried with 0 of 100
     diskpool volumes and that didn't work so went to the other extreme"

     Oh, and you can do the f adsm,blahblahblah...  for all the define
     dbvols and all the define logvols and all the extend log & extend db
     and and and but I found it easier to just f adsm,register admin you
     yourpswd and then f adsm,grant authority you class=system THEN fire up
     a dsmadmc from my pc or anywhere I had dsmadmc available to do all
     that other stuff.  I think the operators get a little nervous when I'm
     hanging around their consoles (and I don't blame them either!)

     Hope this helps
     later,
            Dwight