ADSM-L

Re: 3575 library bulk I/O

1998-10-26 13:45:30
Subject: Re: 3575 library bulk I/O
From: David Beardsley <DavidBeardsley AT WINN-DIXIE DOT COM>
Date: Mon, 26 Oct 1998 13:45:30 -0500
NOTE ON BULK IO
I use the bulk io slots, and to open the side door, you have to bring the
tape library off-line. I find this difficult because the tape operators at
my company have "Forgotten" to exit and bring it back on line. So I have
since disabled the slots, and have an application that they can check them
out and in two at a time.. and this seems to work flawlessly.

Just a word hopefully there is some wisdom here
David Beardsley
Sr. Technical Programmer
Winn Dixie Stores Inc.
WWW.WINNDIXIE.COM <http://WWW.WINNDIXIE.Com>
"Good judgment comes from experience, and a lot of that comes from bad
judgment."