ADSM-L

Recovery log full, Can I get back up?

1998-10-23 10:02:53
Subject: Recovery log full, Can I get back up?
From: Lloyd Dieter <dieter AT SNRGY DOT COM>
Date: Fri, 23 Oct 1998 10:02:53 -0400
Hi all-

I've been experimenting with ADSM V3.1.1.0 on an NT machine, and I deliberately
let my recovery log fill up (I'm experimenting...this is a crash & burn
machine).  Not surprisingly, the server will not start now.

In the event that this happened on a live machine, is there a way to force the
server to start, such that the database or recovery logs could be expanded?

Also:

With a server which has two drives defined in a manual library, is there a way
to either tell ADSM which drive to use for a particular operation, (i.e.
labelling tapes), or perhaps some way to at least determine which drive it
intends to use for a particular operation?

TIA-

Lloyd Dieter
dieter AT snrgy DOT com