ADSM-L

Re: Recovering Data Lost to Defective Media

1998-10-23 01:13:25
Subject: Re: Recovering Data Lost to Defective Media
From: Dwight Cook <decook AT AMOCO DOT COM>
Date: Fri, 23 Oct 1998 00:13:25 -0500
     others have probably already said this but
     1) at the atl on its screen force it to perform an inventory
     2) once #1 finishes perform, within adsm, an audit libr
     3) double check volume list against libvolume list, the above should
     have corrected things but if not try a checkin libvol libname volser
     STATUS=PRIVATE you might have initially checked them in scratch but
     they have data on them now and thus are private, they will roll
     scratch when they are emptied.\
     4) any "funny" volumes perform move data's against
     5) any funny volume move data's that blow, perform audit volumes
     against them, then redo the move data

     ya might have some data loss but getting some back now (the sooner the
     better) will reduce the loss later.  Also if the tape contains
     unchanging files from the server, adsm will figure out it doesn't have
      a copy any more and take a fresh one.

     hope this helps,
                     later,
                           Dwight