ADSM-L

Re: Disaster recovery procedures

1998-10-21 11:32:52
Subject: Re: Disaster recovery procedures
From: "Glass, Peter" <Peter.K.Glass AT NORWEST DOT COM>
Date: Wed, 21 Oct 1998 10:32:52 -0500
As soon as your Database is restored, and your copy pool tapes' status has
been updated back to readwrite, then your clients should be able to begin
pulling back data to their respective platforms. ADSM will know to use these
offsite tapes, once all the onsite volumes have had their access changed to
unavailable. You will want to turn off any schedules you may have that
change the volume access of copy pool tapes from readwrite to offsite. No
need to recover primary storage volumes, as far as customer access to
retrieval of their data is concerned.