ADSM-L

Desaster Recovery Manager Win/OS2 Crashed

1998-10-20 13:04:37
Subject: Desaster Recovery Manager Win/OS2 Crashed
From: Werner Nussbaumer <werner.nussbaumer AT UBS DOT COM>
Date: Tue, 20 Oct 1998 19:04:37 +0200
     I created the Desaster Recovery Manager Diskettes for Win/OS2. I installed
     the OS/2 device driver for the required network card. However after the
     network card has been detected and after I entered the IP settings the
     system crashes with the following error message:

     The system detected an internal processing error at
     location ##0c00:2ed7 - 0002:2ed7

     60000,2008
     06860617

     Internal revision 9.031, 98/05/04

     The system is stopped. Record all of the above information and
     contact your service representative.

     When I leaved the default detected network card the system successfully
     continued to boot but was then not able to make a network connection. Only
     a PING to the network card IP address worked, not even the router could be
     PINGed.

     Any idea of what's wrong?

     By the way: does anyone have experience about the desaster recovery manager
     for Windows/OS2?

     Thanks, many regards
     Werner Nussbaumer