ADSM-L

Client in Polling mode stopped working

1998-10-20 12:23:53
Subject: Client in Polling mode stopped working
From: "Robinson, Cris" <Cris.Robinson AT LIBERTYMUTUAL DOT COM>
Date: Tue, 20 Oct 1998 12:23:53 -0400
I asked this question last week but I thought I would throw it out here
again.
We moved to client polling about 7 months ago from prompted mode.
Recently we accidentally changed the servers to reflect POLLING mode rather
ANY.
IBM says that this can cause problems. Well, they were right! So we changed
it back to ANY
but the clients still wont back up during the backup window.

Has anyone experienced this?

Thanks -
CR
Cris Robinson
Senior Technical Analyst
Enterprise Storage Management
Liberty Mutual Insurance Group
603.431.8400.54837
cris.robinson AT libertymutual DOT com

" When your walking on thin ice you might as well dance!" .. Scott Kirby