ADSM-L

Re: ADSM Connect Agent for Exchange

1998-10-19 16:28:03
Subject: Re: ADSM Connect Agent for Exchange
From: Del Hoobler <hoobler AT US.IBM DOT COM>
Date: Mon, 19 Oct 1998 16:28:03 -0400
Rose,

As you have seen from the other responses, Microsoft's established
"backup and restore" API's do not support individual mailbox
backup and/or restore.

This type of function can be accomplished through Microsoft Exchange
APIs that WERE NOT MEANT FOR BACKUP AND RESTORE.
There are vendors who have tried this and found that the
performance was not acceptable.

The new ability of Exchange 5.5 to recover deleted mailbox items
was Microsoft's way to alleviate the problem somewhat.

We are aware of the requirement and are hoping that Microsoft
will help us and provide the proper API's.

Del

Del Hoobler
Del Hoobler
IBM ADSM Agent Development