ADSM-L

wait=yes parameter

1998-10-19 09:21:51
Subject: wait=yes parameter
From: "Loon, E.J. van - SPLXM" <Eric-van.Loon AT KLM DOT NL>
Date: Mon, 19 Oct 1998 15:21:51 +0200
Hi ADSM-ers!
Let me first compliment ADSM development on the version 3.1.2
enhancements. A lot of functions I was waiting for (for example scripts)
are available in this release!
I was hoping for the wait=yes parameter to be available for the checkin
libvol command, but it is not.
I find it very hard to setup removable media support in ADSM. Checking
out DRM media works fine now, because the amount of tapes to be ejected
from the library do not exceed the amount of I/O slots in my library
(3575 library L32). However, checking in tapes returned from the vault
causes a mount messages which needs a reply. Because the operator uses
an admin interface, this message is not returned to him. If you use a
console, you will see this message, but you will not be able to issue
commands through a console interface.
If only the wait=yes parameter would be available for the checkin libvol
command, these messages would be returned to the operator and checking
in tapes would be much easier to set up.
Kindest regards,
Eric van Loon