ADSM-L

ANS3161E with GUI v2

1998-10-17 09:47:54
Subject: ANS3161E with GUI v2
From: Werner Rohmann <Werner.Rohmann AT DLR DOT DE>
Date: Sat, 17 Oct 1998 15:47:54 +0200
Dear Subscribers,

I am using an ADSM v2 server on AIX 4.1.5 and Clients v2 on different
platforms, e.g. AIX and OSF/1.

When trying to use the v2 GUI to "archive by directory tree" on a single
filespace, I receive ANS3161E "Error reading directory structure" just
before the directory tree would appear. This happens only on a couple of
filespaces. Others went without problems.

Manual talks about problems concerning the filesystem or a shortage
of memory. But filesystem checks and checks on the amount of resources
seem to be ok.

When using "archive by files pecification" or "dsmc" nothing unusual
happens and everything runs quiet smoothly.

Might there be a limit in items which could be displayed in the directory
tree, or something like that? Tests were about to proof that only the
bigger filesypaces produced the phenomenon.

Any hints?

Thanks in advance.
Regards,
Werner
           Deutsches Zentrum fuer Luft- und Raumfahrt e.V. (DLR)
           Deutsches Zentrum fuer Luft- und Raumfahrt e.V. (DLR)
  __/|__   Informatikdienste Braunschweig, DV-IB
 /_/_/_/   Werner Rohmann
   |/      Lilienthalplatz 7
           D-38108 Braunschweig
           Telephone: ++49 (0)531-295-2975, Fax ++49 (0)531-295-2880