ADSM-L

Re: Netware V5 support

1998-10-16 21:53:16
Subject: Re: Netware V5 support
From: Andrew Raibeck <storman AT US.IBM DOT COM>
Date: Fri, 16 Oct 1998 21:53:16 -0400
Almost as I type, we are working on NetWare 5 compatibility. We have,
in fact, been working on it for quite some time, and were actually
hoping to get it into the version 3.1.0.5 client. Unfortunately a
number of factors contributed to the delay, and now it is targeted for
version 3.1.0.6 (the next PTF, expected January 15th). Of course this
is not an official announcement, but I just want to let you know it is
indeed on our minds.

And now I'm out of here for the weekend,

Andy

Andy Raibeck
IBM Storage Systems Division
ADSM Client Development
e-mail: storman AT us.ibm DOT com

I never saw a response to my earlier question about when NetWare version 5
will be supported by ADSM.  I did get one rumor and several personal
queries asking if I had gotten a response.  We have several NetWare
servers/customers here who are planning to upgrade fairly soon and are
looking at alternative backup solutions.  If there is no target date, I
would be useful to at least that much.  Of course, if there is a target
date that would be nice to know too.

Thank you.

..Paul

PS: I realize that this list is not an official mechanism for asking IBM
these questions.