ADSM-L

ADSM NT Backup problems

1998-10-14 14:41:23
Subject: ADSM NT Backup problems
From: Michelle Olsen <MOLSEN2 AT TUELECTRIC DOT COM>
Date: Wed, 14 Oct 1998 13:41:23 -0500
ADSM NT Server 3.1.1.3
NT Server 4.0, SP 3

Hi Everyone:

Upon backing up an NT server to our ADSM NT server via 100/mb ethernet
switched, we received the below error in the dsmerror.log file:

10/14/1998 05:46:56 TransWin32RC(): Win32 RC 32 from NtSecurityRead():
getSecurityDescriptor() for Owner SID SD.

The backup terminated at this point.  Furthermore, the ADSM scheduler
service on the NT node stopped and did not restart --this has happened 3
times in the last two weeks.

Does anyone know what this error means or what might be going on?
(If you don't mind, please copy your reply to my company
address--molsen2 AT tuelectric DOT com--as I would like to receive this info
immediately)

Thank you in advance,

-Michelle Olsen
Storage Management