ADSM-L

[no subject]

2015-10-04 17:52:21
Erwin,

If you put 'quiet' in your options file I think you'll get what you're
looking for -  only summary and error information go into the dsmsched.log.

Bill
    -----Original Message-----
    From: ADSM: Dist Stor Manager [mailto:ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU]On Behalf
Of
Erwin Pfeifer
    Sent: Wednesday, October 14, 1998 4:03 AM
    To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
    Subject: Re: NT 4.0: ADSM Client problems

    Bill,
    thanks for your help! I  think I have resolved the problem with the
service! Since we run the ADSM-Client without a password, I let this
parameter blank! It seems that this was the problem. After given him a
password, the service started.

    Well, trimming the log file this way is not exactly what I'm looking
for: We have an Operator who checks if the BACKUP is doing well. He needs
only the final statistics: how many files transfered, what are the files
where the backup failed; he don't need other details!  Is it possible to
control the output that way?

    erwin