ADSM-L

Annoying Windows NT/95 GUI Quirk

1998-10-13 15:10:44
Subject: Annoying Windows NT/95 GUI Quirk
From: Jeff Connor <connorj AT NIMO DOT COM>
Date: Tue, 13 Oct 1998 15:10:44 -0400
Does anyone else find it a annoying when drilling down a large directory
tree with lots of files in the ADSM Windows NT/95 GUI Backup/Archive client
when you click on a + box or folder and it appears nothing is happening.  I
noticed at the bottom of the window you get a "displaying" message but it
is easy to miss.  I think the mouse pointer should change to an hour glass
like most other windows apps do when work is being performed.  I have some
users who are very confused by this and keep clicking over and over again
which seems to make getting a response from the interface even more
difficult.  The only way I know if there will be a response to what they
clicked on is to do a Q SESS command from the admin client and verify the
send counts keep increasing.  My ADSM environment is ADSM for MVS V3.1.1.3
and the Windows NT/95 clients are running version 3.1.0.3.  I'm thinking of
opening a problem or enhancement request on this and was wondering if
anyone else finds this quirk a pain in the tail..

Thanks

Jeff