ADSM-L

Re: cmd, cmdfilename...

1998-10-13 14:14:09
Subject: Re: cmd, cmdfilename...
From: Kells Kearney <kells AT WINTERLAND.MAINLAND.AB DOT CA>
Date: Tue, 13 Oct 1998 12:14:09 -0600
I have to agree with Tom, this is a problem.  While running the dsmadmc
command on a client machine, I was able to overwrite the /etc/hosts file
on the ADSM server.  The /etc/hosts file had/has permissions of 444...

  So, one easy way of telling whether or not ADSM should overwrite the
file is to check the file's permissions.  :)

kells