ADSM-L

No Compaq Tape Drive support in ADSM !! anyone else have a

2015-10-04 17:52:21
Subject: No Compaq Tape Drive support in ADSM !! anyone else have a
From: Donald W. Daniels/FFIC [SMTP:Donald_W._Daniels/FFIC AT FFIC DOT COM]
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
I have several distributed NT Servers that I'd like to set up as standalone
ADSM Servers. Standalone because our network isn't yet up to handling
backup
traffic.  The servers are Compaq. Much to my amazement,  IBM does not
support
the Compaq 20/40 GB DLT Tape drive and has no plans to support it.
 (Apparently
this drive is same as the Quantum 4000 according to Seagate folks and
insofar
as they're concerned same drivers work for both for their software. Not the
case for ADSM though. )

Does anyone else have a need to use Compaq drives?

  Thanks,
  Don Daniels