ADSM-L

Re: STAC Replication

1998-10-12 18:00:46
Subject: Re: STAC Replication
From: Jeff Connor <connorj AT NIMO DOT COM>
Date: Mon, 12 Oct 1998 18:00:46 -0400
     I've heard that the Replica ADSM interface for Bare Metal Restore
won't be available until 4Q99.  At the beginning of next year they do plan
to have the Replica restore from another Windows NT server on the network
available which has nothing to do with ADSM.  It will allow you to backup
your C drive, for example, to a remote server running Replica so you can
perform a bare metal restore of that drive over the network.  Then you
could forward recover with ADSM.  The piece that's coming end of 99 is what
everyone is waiting for where the Replica disk image backup is stored in an
ADSM storage pool somewhere on your network.. If what I heard is true, I
don't know why they announced the partnership so early.  Unless things were
delayed due to problems. In the interim we might be able to use both
products independently for those who feel that option is acceptable.

Jeff

Kelly Root <kroot1 AT TUELECTRIC DOT COM> on 10/12/98 05:34:17 PM