ADSM-L

Re: Linux client crashes AIX dsmserv

1998-10-08 01:33:19
Subject: Re: Linux client crashes AIX dsmserv
From: Mike Berkley <Mike.Berkley AT EC.GC DOT CA>
Date: Wed, 7 Oct 1998 22:33:19 -0700
> "TJ" == Tom Jinneman <jinneman AT PWRH DOT COM> writes:

TJ> I am running the Linux client on a FreeBSD machine using Linux
TJ> emulation.  The client, both the gui and the command line start up
TJ> fine; however, when I attempt to log into the server, I get a TCP
TJ> communication failure and then the dsmserv process on AIX
TJ> coredumps.  This has occured with both 3.1.1.5 and 3.1.2.0 of the
TJ> AIX ADSM server.  Has anyone else experienced similiar problems
TJ> with dsmserv coredumping when attempting to logon?

I experienced this problem a couple of times.  From netstat, lsof, and
friends, I guessed that TCP was getting hung somehow.  I changed
TCP_NODELAY to YES, and the problems disappeared.

Let me repeat, I was GUESSing about the solution, but the server
crashing and Linux dsm hanging problems have gone away.

Mike Berkley
Canadian Centre for Climate Modelling and Analysis
Canadian Centre for Climate Modelling and Analysis
Atmospheric Environment Service
University of Victoria
P.O. Box 1700
Victoria, BC  V8W 2Y2
CANADA

Phone: (250)363-8234  Fax: (250)363-8247  e-mail: Mike.Berkley AT ec.gc DOT ca