ADSM-L

Re: Problems with tapes constantly being made unavailable

1998-10-07 23:23:38
Subject: Re: Problems with tapes constantly being made unavailable
From: Bernie Survoy <bsurvoy AT OHIO DOT NET>
Date: Wed, 7 Oct 1998 23:23:38 -0400
If you are getting tapes stranded in drives in the 9710, make sure that your
drive microcode is current (at least level 70 for the DLT 7000) and that the
library microcode level is at 1.8.05.  This level addressed a problem with
dismount failures and DLT 7000 drives.  You may see dismount failure messages in
your activity log prior to running into the "stranded tape" problem, but
sometimes there may be no indication that this has occurred.  STK can also check
the library error log to see if reach errors, etc. are occurring on the
robotics.  Also there is a known issue with DLT 7000 drive power supplies
(marginal voltage levels) and dismount failures.  Your CE can check this one out
as well.