ADSM-L

Re: SQL Agent Questions

1998-10-07 21:31:00
Subject: Re: SQL Agent Questions
From: Del Hoobler <hoobler AT US.IBM DOT COM>
Date: Wed, 7 Oct 1998 21:31:00 -0400
Allan,

Actually, it is:

     /restorefull:dbname,objectname,SQLservername

The third parameter is the SQL server name, not the
ADSM Node name.  I should have made my example more clear.
(I called my SQL Server and ADSM nodename the same thing.)

This is documented in the refreshed User's Guide
shipped with the PTF (1.1.1) that just shipped Friday.
Also, with the PTF, if you type in just "sqldsmc"
you will see a shortened command syntax that shows this
new third parameter on the /restorefull command.

Del

-------------------------
Del Hoobler
Del Hoobler
IBM ADSM Agent Development
hoobler AT us.ibm DOT com

Del,

Thanks very much - the key seems to be specifying a node name with
/restorefull (db,obj,node ???) - the only documentation I saw said to
specify the db, although the example showed the db and object, but
nowhere did I see that node could be specified.  Where is this
documented (and are there other goodies I can learn about documented
somewhere?)  Again, thanks.

Allan.