ADSM-L

Re: Upgrade to 3.1.2.0

1998-10-07 10:29:11
Subject: Re: Upgrade to 3.1.2.0
From: Andrew Raibeck <storman AT US.IBM DOT COM>
Date: Wed, 7 Oct 1998 10:29:11 -0400
Hello Jennifer,

Is your system Windows NT? I believe that the configuration
batch file, initsrv3.bat, does this for you automatically.
Check the initsrv3.log file (in .....\adsm\server) to see
if the UPGRADEDB was performed.

Regards,

Andy

Andy Raibeck
IBM Storage Systems Division
ADSM Client Development
e-mail: storman AT us.ibm DOT com

To All of those who responded to this email indicating that the upgradebd
parameter WAS required, could you write back exactly what your ADSM code
levels were BEFORE your upgrade to 3.1.2.0.

I had a V2 server that I upgraded to 3.1.2.0 and, yes, it did require the
upgradedb parm (which makes sense because the act of going from 2 to 3
requires this). However, my 3.1.1.0 server did not require this parm to
start and run. Now, I am really confused - is something wrong with my V3 to
V3.1.2.0 server since it did not require this parm - all of yours did?

What indicatation did you have that told you that this was necessary since
the server READMEs that I checked make no mention of this requirement?

Thanks,

Jennifer :-(