ADSM-L

Using the ADSM V3 ODBC interface

1998-10-05 04:12:00
Subject: Using the ADSM V3 ODBC interface
From: "Hensel, Matthias" <Matthias.Hensel AT SCHERING DOT DE>
Date: Mon, 5 Oct 1998 10:12:00 +0200
     Hi,

     does anybody know a smoothly way to use the ODBC interface of the
V3
     ADSM server. Till now I did not find a product (like Excel, Access,

     etc.) with which it was possible to work directly on the tables.
     While I was not able to use the connectivity of Excel and ODBC at
all,
     MS Access only allowed "Pass Through SQL statements" which means,
that
     you get fixed results of a sql query, which you can look at then,
but
     you have to log into ADSM each time you want to issue another
query,
     which makes as very hard to deal with.

     Am I missing something in using Access or is out there a better
tool
     which allowes a real integration of ADSM using ODBC?

     Thanks,
     Matthias

     The opinions expressed above are solely those of the author
     and are not necessarily those of the Schering AG

     NAME:  Matthias Hensel              ADDRESS: Schering AG
     EMAIL: matthias.hensel AT schering DOT de           ZI-Rechnersysteme
     PHONE  +49-30-468-12081                      D-13342 Berlin
     FAX:   +49-30-468-92081                      Germany