ADSM-L

Re: ADSMPIPE

1998-10-01 18:17:31
Subject: Re: ADSMPIPE
From: Bob Miller <CBRM AT ARGUSHEALTH DOT COM>
Date: Thu, 1 Oct 1998 17:17:31 -0500
John;

     I just upgraded to ADSM version 3 this week on a group of AIX 4.1.5
machines that use ADSMPIPE to backup DB/2 databases.  The base install ADSM
client 3.1.0.0 did not work with the ADSMPIPE but when I applied the fixes to
client 3.1.10.5 the ADSMPIPE worked quite well with no other changes.

Bob Miller
Argus Health Systems
Kansas City, MO
cbrm AT argushealth DOT com

>>> "O'Connell, John R" <John.R.O'Connell AT SIEMENSCOM DOT COM> 10/01/98
>>> 04:39PM >>>
        We have a large data base system (30 - 40GB)  to backup.   The data
base is PROGRESS.  Does ADSMPIPE work on version 3?  Our PROGRESS data base
consultant is looking at ADSMPIPE as a way of backing up PROGRESS data bases
on a incremental basis.

John O'Connell
Siemens Business Services
Storage Administrator