ADSM-L

QIC and ADSM for NT

1998-10-01 08:44:53
Subject: QIC and ADSM for NT
From: Gottfried Scheckenbach <Gottfried_Scheckenbach AT COMPUTACENTER DOT DE>
Date: Thu, 1 Oct 1998 14:44:53 +0200
We're testing a QIC Tandberg MLR3 library with ADSM server 3.1.0.0 for NT.
The tapes are driven via the appropriate NT driver in conjunction with
adsmscsi.sys. The problem is: I get sporadic write errors on all drives and
tapes.

I checked for SCSI problems, changed speed and termination, used completly
new tapes, changed the two streamers - nothing helped.

Has anyone experience with QIC hardware and ADSM/NT. Is it perhaps a fixed
problem by the released PTF's?

What is going wrong? Any help is welcome!

Gottfried Scheckenbach
Computacenter