ADSM-L

Re: SELECT statement

1998-09-29 17:14:31
Subject: Re: SELECT statement
From: Andrew Raibeck <storman AT US.IBM DOT COM>
Date: Tue, 29 Sep 1998 17:14:31 -0400
Hi Julie,

Are you simply trying to get the number of tapes
currently used in each storage pool? (I don't
follow how PCT_MIGR and MAXSCRATCH fit in, which
is why I am asking.)

Would something like this give you what you are
looking for?

select stgpool_name as "STORAGE POOL NAME",
       count(stgpool_name) as "VOLUME COUNT"
   from volumes
   group by stgpool_name

Sample output:

STORAGE POOL NAME      VOLUME COUNT
------------------     ------------
ARCHIVEPOOL                       1
ARCHIVEPOOL                       1
BACKUPPOOL                        3
COPYPOOL                          4
SEQPOOL                          32

Regards,

Andy

Andy Raibeck
IBM Storage Systems Division
ADSM Client Development
e-mail: storman AT us.ibm DOT com

I do a daily query and OS/2 rexx commands on the onsite tapepool and
offsite tapepool.  I query both tapepools to a file, then use rexx to add
up the tapes in each.  I need to convert the daily reports  to use SELECT
statements via the TSO client.

If I use Select, from STGPOOL,   PCT_MIGR* MAXSCRATCH ,  I get an accurate
number of tapes used in the primary tape pool.
How do I get an accurate count of tapes in my offsite copy tapepool?
If the only way is to do some sort of listing them and summing them, is
there an easy way to do that with a Select?

My alternative is to add a SAS step to the job, and add them up with SAS..
I was just hoping I could do the entire report with Select statements..

Thanks!
Julie