ADSM-L

No scratch?!

1998-09-22 14:28:28
Subject: No scratch?!
From: Ken Chamberlain <ken.chamberlain AT UTORONTO DOT CA>
Date: Tue, 22 Sep 1998 14:28:28 -0400
Ok.  This one has me perplexed!

I am getting messages
ANR1405W Scratch volume mount request denied - no scratch  volume available.

 ANR1221E BACKUP STGPOOL: Process 1066 terminated - insufficient space in
target copy storage pool.

ANR4578E Database backup/restore terminated - required volume was not
mounted.

If I count the scratch volumes via:
dsmadmc -id=$ID -password=$PSWD "query libvolume rob" | grep Scratch | wc
     108     324    7020
So I have 108 scratch volumes available, right?

Maybe I've exceeded maxscratch for the copy pool?

dsmadmc -id=$ID -password=$PSWD "query stgpool PRODCOPY f=d" | grep Scratch
 Maximum Scratch Volumes Allowed: 35

but no, there are only 28 in the pool!

dsmadmc -id=$ID -password=$PSWD "query volume stgpool=PRODCOPY" | grep R0 |
wc
    28     168    2184

And also the full adsm backup to 3490 is failing with no scratch!  What
gives???!

My environment:
ADSM Version 2, Release 1, Level 0.8
AIX V4.1.4

Ken Chamberlain
University of Toronto
Phone:(416) 978-1582
Fax:  (416) 971-2085
E-mail: ken.chamberlain AT utoronto DOT ca