ADSM-L

Tivoli Event Logging (update)

1998-09-16 13:53:55
Subject: Tivoli Event Logging (update)
From: Phil Chissell <phil.chissell AT NATPOWER DOT COM>
Date: Wed, 16 Sep 1998 17:53:55 -0000
This is an update to the previous message...

We edited the ibmadsm.baroc file and inserted the following line in the
IBMADSM_BASE class:

origin: default="none";

We recompiled this (which worked!) and restarted the TEC server.  We
generated the local client (named pipe) events again and the same
problem occurred (i.e. no events appearing in TEC).

When we looked in the TEC reception log we found the same parsing error
(PARSING_FAILED:~ Line 1: syntax error) but found the origin slot was
completely empty (i.e. must have been overwritten with a null value).

However, on further investigation we noticed that the comm_method slot
was set to Named Pipe (normally set to TCP/IP).  We think that this may
have caused the parsing error as this slot value was NOT in quotes even
though it contains white space.

As you can see, we're rather foraging in the dark here but if anybody
knows how to get around this, I would really appreciate any info.

Regards

Phil

Phil Chissell
National Power plc
Windmill Hill Business Park
Whitehill Way
Swindon
Wilts. SN5 6PB
UK

Tel:  +44 (0)1793 894237
Fax: +44 (0)1793 894230
MailTo:Phil.Chissell AT natpower DOT com