ADSM-L

Re: SunOS error: ANS4510E Error allocating semaphores ??

1998-09-16 04:43:16
Subject: Re: SunOS error: ANS4510E Error allocating semaphores ??
From: Christian Bolik <bolik AT DE.IBM DOT COM>
Date: Wed, 16 Sep 1998 08:43:16 +0000
Ole Holm Nielsen <Ole.H.Nielsen AT FYSIK.DTU DOT DK> wrote:

>I have also found that the problem is due to other non-ADSM
>processes allocating shared memory, namely the SAMBA software
>for sharing files with Windows PCs (http://samba.anu.edu.au/).
>The problem is now:  How can one "tune" the number of
>semaphores in the OS ?

Try this:

1. As root, open the file /etc/system with your favorite editor.
2. At the end of this file insert the line
        set semsys:seminfo_semmns=120
   This doubles the number of semaphores in the system
   (the default is 60).
3. Save the file, and reboot.

Regards,
        Christian

Christian Bolik
IBM SM IT Software Development ADSM, Mainz, Germany