ADSM-L

ADSM and Wolfpack

1998-09-15 04:15:25
Subject: ADSM and Wolfpack
From: Alan White <arw AT TIPPER.DEMON.CO DOT UK>
Date: Tue, 15 Sep 1998 09:15:25 +0100
Hi all,

About to test ADSM on Wolfpack. Posted a question last week about
clustering on UNIX and problems with the client encrypted password file.
In a cluster, if you have the password file stored on local disks on
each node in the cluster and are sharing a node name then when password
expiry kicks in the password only gets changed on the node which was
active in the cluster. Next failover (failback) ADSM stops working.

Using the PASSWORDDIR option to store the password on the shared disk
doesn't work because ADSM deletes the file when the scheduler starts on
a different node (after failover etc). This is open with IBM at the
moment and the current thinking is it happens because there is some
machine specific information used in the encryption keys.

Is anybody doing forced password expiry with passwordaccess generate on
a cluster and if so are the same problems apparent under Wolfpack? If
not it would help me greatly to understand how they are overcome. I've
read the list archives so expect it all to work but there has been no
mention of password expiry.

Thanks
Alan