ADSM-L

Adsm and NT disaster

1998-09-11 12:31:09
Subject: Adsm and NT disaster
From: Pete Tanenhaus <tanenhau AT US.IBM DOT COM>
Date: Fri, 11 Sep 1998 12:31:09 -0400
I've had this happen to me  several times after restoring an entire machine and
can't really explain why the domain controller stops recognising the restored
machine's account.

When it has happened, I've always deleted and recreated the domain account on
the PDC, and have never experienced any adverse side effects
(the account user profile was still intact, etc.).

In some cases I've also had to reboot the PDC after recreating the account
(sometimes resynching worked, sometimes it didn't).

Hope this helps ....

Pete Tanenhaus, ADSM NT Client Development
---------------------- Forwarded by Pete Tanenhaus/San Jose/IBM on 09/11/98
1/98

ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU on 09/10/98 09:04:20 PM