ADSM-L

Re: How long does UPGRADEDB take?

1998-09-03 13:06:45
Subject: Re: How long does UPGRADEDB take?
From: Andrew Raibeck <storman AT US.IBM DOT COM>
Date: Thu, 3 Sep 1998 13:06:45 -0400
Hi Peter,

The UPGRADEDB takes only a few moments, regardless of your database size.

Regards,

Andy

Andy Raibeck
IBM Storage Systems Division
ADSM Client Development
e-mail: storman AT us.ibm DOT com

We're preparing to take the Great Leap from MVS Server V2-V3. Because timing
will be of critical importance during this conversion process, we're very
interested in knowing how long the Database upgrade takes (coming up with
the PARM='/UPGRADEDB' parameter). Our database is currently allocated at 19
Gb, 65% used, with one copy mirrored sequentially. If anybody can give us at
least a rough estimate in how much time this would take, that would be a big
help knowing where in our daily processing cycle we can slip this conversion
through with the least possible inconveniance to our users.
Another question. Are we correct in assuming that the Server will be
unavailable to users during the UPGRADEDB? Or do we need to do a DISABLE
while this is happening?
Thank you!
Peter Glass
Norwest Services, Inc.