ADSM-L

Re: Data Unavailable to Server

1998-08-27 08:49:27
Subject: Re: Data Unavailable to Server
From: "Cunningham, Jennifer" <Jennifer.Cunningham AT LIBERTYMUTUAL DOT COM>
Date: Thu, 27 Aug 1998 08:49:27 -0400
Sandye-
We see this a lot actually.  It usually happens in cases like Stephen
explained below.  We also see it when more than one client is trying to
do a restore and the tapes get mixed up in our  tape library.  When I
see this error, I always check the library to see if all tapes are in
order and if they are available.  Usually I will reboot the library, and
restart the ADSM server.

That usually works.  I know- it's a big pain in the ***.

Hope this helps!

Jennifer

Jennifer Cunningham
Desktop Operations / Backup & Recovery
SDN #8-435-4029
603-431-8400 x54029
Pager 1-800-225-0256 Pin 5982155
jennifer.cunningham AT libertymutual DOT com