ADSM-L

Re: 3575 L12 - 3570C-Drives only 5150 MB capacity

1998-08-27 07:37:40
Subject: Re: 3575 L12 - 3570C-Drives only 5150 MB capacity
From: Christo Heuer <christoh AT ABSA.CO DOT ZA>
Date: Thu, 27 Aug 1998 13:37:40 +0200
Hi,

If you have compression switch on on the clients side this is normal.
With a 3:1 compression ration claimed by IBM on the 3570 drives
you would see +- 15Gig or more on your tapes - but only if you have
compression switched off on the client side and let the drive do the
compression. Adsm only reports the amount of data that the drive
sucks (any better word for this?) of the disk or client. So if the data
being sent to the drive can be compressed it would be able to suck
a lot of the disk or client - giving you the 15Gig + report.

Hope this explains your question.

Regards

Christo Heuer
Johannesburg