ADSM-L

Remote Restores for NT Clients

2015-10-04 17:54:39
Subject: Remote Restores for NT Clients
From: Greg Heis [mailto:gsheis AT FEDEX DOT COM]
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Hello all,

Is is possible to do remote restores for NT 4 clients without using the
webshell or any remote control software?  Specifically my problem is
that my
helpdesk folks do not have physical access to the NT boxes?  I can't use
the
webshell, because is does not run as a service.  I can't use remote
control
because it is "a security risk".  I know that using the immediate client
actions is a possibility, but I'm not so sure about giving help desk
personell access to it.

Any ideas or some functionality I've missed?

Greg Heis
FedEx